-->
banner here
Powered by Blogger.

Translator

5 Tricks To Increase Your Blog Traffic(*updated*)

- 3:04:00 AM
advertise here

Give your visitors consistency

Possibly the most important factor that increases your number of returning visitors is consistency. When I switched to webgeekly‘s daily topic system, I immediately saw an increase in returning visitors. The fact that you’re creating a schedule makes your users more likely to return because they know what to expect. You don’t have to post daily either. Just post often enough to keep users wanting to returning to check out your next post. The moment you stop being consistent, your returning visitors will drop.

Don’t forget old posts

One of the biggest increases in traffic I had was when I started promoting my old posts again. Initially, I used to solely focus on the post I had just written that day. Mistake! Each post you write can generate lots of traffic, regardless of whether you just wrote it or not. I recommend creating a spreadsheet with all your post titles and links and use a service like Timely.is to tweet random old posts of yours. When I did this, webgeekly traffic almost doubled!

Switch to DISQUS comments

If anyone’s been following my blog since the beginning, you’ll be aware that I have tried many different solutions for comments. I moved them to the right, made them stick to the page as users scrolled, added notices in the post to encourage posting, switched to Facebook Comments and finally removed all the fancy features and switched to DISQUS as they are now. Getting comments isn’t easy. Even when you get quite a few visitors, you’ll still find that an extremely low percentage will actually comment. Having tried so many different variations, DISQUS is definitely the most effective way to increase comments. Stay tuned for an Interview with DISQUS in next week’s Startup of the Week.

Don’t be afraid of change

The first version of webgeekly‘s design was OK – However, I soon realized that it wasn’t making the aim of the site clear. Don’t be afraid of change. I first realized I needed a redesign when I saw the homepage after a week not seeing it. I instantly realized I needed a new approach and by the next day, the new design was live. Go with your instinct. Try put yourself in your visitors’ shoes to see what you can do to make the goal of your site clearer. Changing the design of my homepage reduced my bounce rate and made users feel that the site was active.

Point users to the next page

When I first started out, my layout was designed to make users read and comment on the post. I soon realized what I was doing wrong: Users need to know where they can go next. Most users who read posts want to see others afterwards. I used to assume users would just head to the homepage and browse from there but this was not the case. Point users in the right direction by linking to other related posts and encourage them within the post to check out others posts in that category. With webgeekly, I made the related posts layer actually stick to the screen as your scroll up and down. That way, users always know where they can go next.
Subscribe To Our Whatsapp Broadcasts & Get All Our Loot Deals & Offers In Your Whatsapp MESSAGE "ADD" TO "+918674846093 "

If You Have Any Qwery.....Contact Us Directly From Below Options :-


Contact Us On Facebook Parmanand Raj

Contact Us On Whatsapp - Message Us On +918674846093

Thanks For Visiting Us......
Share This Post To Your Friends As We All Know 'Sharing Is Caring'
Advertisement advertise here
 
banner here